Monday 28 December 2009

What's That Coming Over The Hill...













These pieces were done as quick sketches for a collaboration project - it's based on the story of a small boy who is plagued by monsters at night, who then reads the comic book about a superhero that defeats the monsters and then appears out of the comic to save the boy. So I was asked to make up some monster-y shapes, using what had been previously drawn, and make them look a little menacing or scary while still staying with the style - big hands and wrists, stylised shapes. So here are a few things I came up with - the top one are three of the final shapes.

I was also asked to draw a few superhero ideas, but I didn't get far with that. I will be designing it further, but mainly will focus on laying out and drawing up the comic book pages that will be used in the animation. But here is one page of the superhero stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment